Speak Language Institute now offers internationally recognised English tests to all of its students. We are proud to be in partnership with LanguageCert who delivers English tests worldwide.
LanguageCert acquired the City & Guilds assessment materials for English language qualification, so you can be assured that by taking one of their tests you will be proved with the highest quality of language testing.
For more information on our English language tests, call us or send us an email. We’ll be happy to explain how you can benefit from the LanguageCert qualifications.
About LanguageCert Qualifications
LanguageCert certificates are internationally recognised and specifically designed for people who need to prove they can use everyday written and spoken English for everyday life or work. All LanguageCert level exams correspond to the CEFR levels – A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2
Our General English programmes are designed to prepare students to pass each level exam. When students have successfully completed the LanguageCert level exam, they are presented with an international recognised certificate.
Our official exams take place every first Saturday of the month and on the second Wednesday of the month.
We offer the following internationally recognised exams:
- LanguageCert IESOL – the ‘Written exam’ – Available for A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 & C2
- LanguageCert ISESOL – the ‘Spoken exam’ – Available for A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 & C2
Candidates who have passed both ISESOL and IESOL exams of the same level may also receive a certificate combining all four skills.
LanguageCert Spoken English Test for Business – ‘SET 4 Business
Spoken English Test for Business is available at three levels called Stages:
- Stage 1: covers A1 and A2 levels in the Common European Framework.
- Stage 2: covers B1 and B2 levels in the Common European Framework.
- Stage 3: covers C1 and C2 levels in the Common European Framework.
What is LanguageCert?
LanguageCert is a set of English Language qualifications that have been designed and abide by the most rigorous quality and reliability standards and are mapped to the CEFR. Qualifications are awarded to learners upon successfully passing LanguageCert examinations offered by PeopleCert, a leading global certification body.
LanguageCert General English (IESOL and ISESOL), Business English and Young Learners qualifications are available.
LanguageCert qualifications are intellectual property of the PeopleCert group, which aims to continue developing high quality ESOL examinations, as well as leveraging its own globally recognised state-of-the-art delivery technologies in order to make the examinations accessible and convenient.
What makes the LanguageCert exams different?
- LanguageCert International English exams are on-demand with flexible exam dates.
- The LanguageCert system, providing highly skilled and carefully chosen professionals, allows learners to sit for the examination, often at authorised exam centres, which leads to decreased examination anxiety and increased success in performance.
- LanguageCert International ESOL Qualifications have been developed on the basis of genuine employer needs, as well as of real-life situations – with true emphasis on learners’ communicative skills.
- Written and Spoken exams (IESOL and ISESOL) can be taken independently of each other at the candidates’ convenience. They are separate tests, so students can focus their preparation on one exam before taking the other.
- Candidates sitting for the examination are allowed to use monolingual dictionaries during the test.
- The examinations are student and teacher friendly, requiring little specific preparation, with an average duration of about 2.5 hours for the Written exam and 15 minutes for the Spoken exam.